Interview with CCTV All-Stars
CCTV All-Stars tell All
We caught up with the CCTV All-stars after their performance at Cross club on Thursday night, where they teamed up with French ska band Les Fils de Teuhpu to totally and completely rock the place into a jump-up-and-down frenzy.
Follow the links above and get their music happening while you read the following interview, or else risk certain doom.
Questions were compiled in advance by interviewing patrons of a local pub to find out what they really want to know about their favorite band, if they could ask anything.
Without further ado, the CCTV All-Stars. Note: lead singer Ed refused to open his mouth until all the band members were present -- another check mark in the "man has a brain" coloumn.
1. Open your eyes and look around you. What do you see?
2. When are you playing next?
Chateau December 10th 2008
3. Where can we find your music?
4. Do you have some stickers?
5. What's the name of your band?
6. Don't you think you should get sponsored by Converse All Stars sneakers?
yes could you please ring them for us I just want a [..horat?]
7. How many people are there in the band?
8. How's the music scene here in prague?
looked good tonight
a little competition is good
you have to conquer it!
9. Why don't you just interview yourselves instead of making me do all the work?
can't talk to ourselves
10. what song were your parents listening to when they conceived you?
11. What was the first song you learned to play?
5% (by CCTV)
Hot Cross Buns
No Woman No Cry
12. Who are the band members and what do you play?
Ed - guitar, vocals
Ulf - bass
Omar - drums
Stepan - trombone
Tommy Trumpet - trumpet
13. what's your favorite one of your songs?
5% (unanimous answer)
14. Where do you get your inspiration from?
drugs + women
15. Where did you find Tommy Trumpet?
at the corner store
"If I was Tommy Trumpet, where would I be?" -TT himself
16. What's your drug intake?
we're straight edge
17. What's your next step?
a big one for us a small one for mankind
18. we should talk about the Apocalypse
I advise everybody to watch zeitgeist and apollo13
I advise Eddy to try and spell zeitgeist
19. What do you wish you could do excellently?
suck my own dick
take a shower
20. What's your favorite color?
21. Would you care to gaze into the forbidden stone?
what the fuck is that?
you mean the, ten, you know what?
22. The Ten Commandments?
24. Who would in in a fight between Mr. T and Nico from Velvet Underground?
who are they?
how about between Madonna and Godzilla?
people need to stop fighting
Dimebag Darrel and Tupak?
Axl Rose and J. Timberlake?
24. Can you freestyle?
-Omar can he just did when we were playing
-yes if my life is worth living I can
-"I dress freestyle, all my clothes is free... if style's free I'll wear it." Tommy Trumpet
25. Is life on earth destined for greatness or something else?
-else. Honestly, it's uh, parallel universes
-Life on earth is to live. if people wake up and realize the truth,, and I hope they will
26. What happens after death?
the same. parallel universes
life, everything converts it keeps going
we never die
30. What's your favorite thing for dinner?
smazeny syr at 3am
31. What are you trying to say with CCTV allstars?
we're trying to play music
wake up. if anybody can find a point in that, good
32. What's your favorite way to get dizzy?
33. What's on the moon?
the lunatic is on the grass
34. What's in your pockets?
flier of a band we just played with
a lighter I stole from the guy in Decin
absolutely no money
35. Who are you?
who are YOU!
Who is anyone?
a human being
pass that joint
36. Where do you come from?
37. where are you going?
to the future
38. how will you get there?
live now in the present
39. Are you involved in other musical projects?
yes we all play other music in other bands
40. Would you mind answering a few questions?
you fucking cunt
41. Who's your sound man?
we can't afford one. if someone wants to, call 728 427 777 give a ring
42. Are you in danger of drowning in the pussy juice?
that's a bit personal
43. What are your songs about?
my big mouth
observations on politics
44. what are the chords to Guantanamo Bay?
Amin A#maj Dmin G#maj
45. If you were a hot brazillian girl would you fuck Herb Alpert?
If I was a hbg I wouldn't be talking to you right now
it's better luck if you are a girl
46. Do you have any other questions?
omar to ed "did you pay the rent?"
ed "not yet but I'm sorting it out I promise."
ed "does my breath smell?"
steve "I don't wanna know"
zeke an innocent bystander "when the fuck are you gonna get famous so we can stop living all homeless and cracked out?"
ed "shutup and roll a joint"
47. how often do you practice?
never! but we're such good friends and we hang out all the time, so we don't, but we play together
Czech-Chinese dance work to premiere at Archa by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV (Foto: Divadlo Archa)
Ordinary People finds similar life stories in dancers from different countries
Festival Spectaculare starting fourth edition by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV
The multi-genre festival will bring electronic and ambient music and more
Dave Johns will be live in Prague by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV
The British comedian will be at a downtown movie theater for one show only
Slav Epic seen by 400,000 by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV (Foto: Prague City Gallery)
Cycle of paintings will now go to Asia for a tour
The Cremator by Národní Divadlo - The Estates Theatre
Spalovač mrtvol (orig. Czech titel) by Ladislav Fuks
Paintings of Havel open at DOX by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV (Foto: Martin Polák)
A new cycle of 10 paintings by Tomáš Císařovský chronicle the late president's life
Kids Riot as a Surrealist Reflection of Today’s Society by Marya Oliynyk - Anglo American University (Foto: Fotograf Gallery)
Permanent Transformation @ Fotograf Gallery, until 17th of December
Prague 7 seeks to be an art district by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV (Foto: Továrna)
A new plan will encourage cooperation among institutions
Three Tales @ The New Stage by National Theatre Opera (Foto: Hana Smejkalová)
by Beryl Korot & Steve Reich
Giant airship installed over Prague's DOX Centre by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV (Foto: Dox - FB)
Wooden zeppelin named Gulliver is a place for art and literature discussion
Get discounts on speed dating and meet other singles...
Kids Indoor Playground in Prague 5, OC Zlicin
Concert Tickets for Prague and Czech Republic
Uncover the unique story behind the Staropramen brewery in...
First diamonds museum in Prague
Trabant Museum @ STK Motol
Armádní muzeum Žižkov
Národní památník hrdinů heydrichiády