Interview with CCTV All-Stars
CCTV All-Stars tell All
We caught up with the CCTV All-stars after their performance at Cross club on Thursday night, where they teamed up with French ska band Les Fils de Teuhpu to totally and completely rock the place into a jump-up-and-down frenzy.
Follow the links above and get their music happening while you read the following interview, or else risk certain doom.
Questions were compiled in advance by interviewing patrons of a local pub to find out what they really want to know about their favorite band, if they could ask anything.
Without further ado, the CCTV All-Stars. Note: lead singer Ed refused to open his mouth until all the band members were present -- another check mark in the "man has a brain" coloumn.
1. Open your eyes and look around you. What do you see?
2. When are you playing next?
Chateau December 10th 2008
3. Where can we find your music?
4. Do you have some stickers?
5. What's the name of your band?
6. Don't you think you should get sponsored by Converse All Stars sneakers?
yes could you please ring them for us I just want a [..horat?]
7. How many people are there in the band?
8. How's the music scene here in prague?
looked good tonight
a little competition is good
you have to conquer it!
9. Why don't you just interview yourselves instead of making me do all the work?
can't talk to ourselves
10. what song were your parents listening to when they conceived you?
11. What was the first song you learned to play?
5% (by CCTV)
Hot Cross Buns
No Woman No Cry
12. Who are the band members and what do you play?
Ed - guitar, vocals
Ulf - bass
Omar - drums
Stepan - trombone
Tommy Trumpet - trumpet
13. what's your favorite one of your songs?
5% (unanimous answer)
14. Where do you get your inspiration from?
drugs + women
15. Where did you find Tommy Trumpet?
at the corner store
"If I was Tommy Trumpet, where would I be?" -TT himself
16. What's your drug intake?
we're straight edge
17. What's your next step?
a big one for us a small one for mankind
18. we should talk about the Apocalypse
I advise everybody to watch zeitgeist and apollo13
I advise Eddy to try and spell zeitgeist
19. What do you wish you could do excellently?
suck my own dick
take a shower
20. What's your favorite color?
21. Would you care to gaze into the forbidden stone?
what the fuck is that?
you mean the, ten, you know what?
22. The Ten Commandments?
24. Who would in in a fight between Mr. T and Nico from Velvet Underground?
who are they?
how about between Madonna and Godzilla?
people need to stop fighting
Dimebag Darrel and Tupak?
Axl Rose and J. Timberlake?
24. Can you freestyle?
-Omar can he just did when we were playing
-yes if my life is worth living I can
-"I dress freestyle, all my clothes is free... if style's free I'll wear it." Tommy Trumpet
25. Is life on earth destined for greatness or something else?
-else. Honestly, it's uh, parallel universes
-Life on earth is to live. if people wake up and realize the truth,, and I hope they will
26. What happens after death?
the same. parallel universes
life, everything converts it keeps going
we never die
30. What's your favorite thing for dinner?
smazeny syr at 3am
31. What are you trying to say with CCTV allstars?
we're trying to play music
wake up. if anybody can find a point in that, good
32. What's your favorite way to get dizzy?
33. What's on the moon?
the lunatic is on the grass
34. What's in your pockets?
flier of a band we just played with
a lighter I stole from the guy in Decin
absolutely no money
35. Who are you?
who are YOU!
Who is anyone?
a human being
pass that joint
36. Where do you come from?
37. where are you going?
to the future
38. how will you get there?
live now in the present
39. Are you involved in other musical projects?
yes we all play other music in other bands
40. Would you mind answering a few questions?
you fucking cunt
41. Who's your sound man?
we can't afford one. if someone wants to, call 728 427 777 give a ring
42. Are you in danger of drowning in the pussy juice?
that's a bit personal
43. What are your songs about?
my big mouth
observations on politics
44. what are the chords to Guantanamo Bay?
Amin A#maj Dmin G#maj
45. If you were a hot brazillian girl would you fuck Herb Alpert?
If I was a hbg I wouldn't be talking to you right now
it's better luck if you are a girl
46. Do you have any other questions?
omar to ed "did you pay the rent?"
ed "not yet but I'm sorting it out I promise."
ed "does my breath smell?"
steve "I don't wanna know"
zeke an innocent bystander "when the fuck are you gonna get famous so we can stop living all homeless and cracked out?"
ed "shutup and roll a joint"
47. how often do you practice?
never! but we're such good friends and we hang out all the time, so we don't, but we play together
Designblok starts by Designblok 2016 - Prague.TV
The festival of design and fashion is in its 18th year
Multipurpose space Továrna opens in Holešovice by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV
An exhibition of custom motorcycles is the first event at a new space for creative people
National Archives to show documents from Charles IV by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV (Foto: Prague.eu)
Most items were handled by the king and have never been shown to the public
Opera review: Carl Off's Die Kluge and Der Mond by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV
Two fairytale operas are staged with a sense of fun for a wide audience
Last Year in Marienbad - A Film as Art by Olivia Marcus - Anglo American University (Foto: Gallery Anita Beckers, Frankfurt)
@ Galerie Rudolfinum till November 27, 2016
PRAHAha comedy festival starts soon by PRAHAha Int. Comedy Festival - Prague.TV
An international festival features more than 50 stand-up comedy acts
Two operas by Orff premiering at the National Theatre by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV
The works are based in Brothers Grimm stories and have a wide appeal
Czech Press Photo opens a new gallery by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV (Foto: czechpressphoto.cz)
The Czech Photo Centre will create a new space for artworks
Shakespeare's The Winter's Tale to play two shows only by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV
Prague Shakespeare Company will bring Bohemia's coast to the Estate's Theatre
Chuck Palahniuk coming to Prague Writers' Festival by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV
Fight Club author headlines the list of this year's novelists and poets
Seasonal Ski Rental with 15% discount!
Take a guided tour to Sapa, Prague’s “Little Vietnam”
Prague.TV users have a 50% discount on Pivovar Lužinys...
Feel the rhythm and party to the biggest hits of the 80’s!
Trabant Museum @ STK Motol
Armádní muzeum Žižkov
Národní památník hrdinů heydrichiády
Goout.cz Tickets for Cultural Events in Prague