8 Places to Watch Live Sports in Prague
Premier League, German Bundesliga, NHL, NFL ... Prague sports hotspots to watch your team in action
Watching sports is always better with an energetic crowd and a large screen. There are eight (and sure some more...) great places in Prague that play live sports from countries near and far. Whether it's rugby, snooker or football that float your boat, you will find the sport you love and so much more at:
1. Expats BBQ Bar: A popular bar with tempting specials like Happy Hour 10CZK chicken wings and 200 CZK for two hours of all you can drink beer. With 13 screens showing all possible sports: American football, hockey, rugby and more. If the sports event that you are interested isn't on the program, it's possible to email them and request a specific game.
Vojtěšská 241/9, 110 00 Praha
2. Jama Restaurant: Known as the “jumping American college-style bar” serves delicious burgers and offers a range of beers from local microbreweries. Popular among tourists as much as expats, Jama offers a fancy pub environment. It has a smaller screen but is one of the few places that plays American football, hockey and baseball.
V Jámě 1671/7, 110 00 Praha 1-Nové Město
3. J.J. Murphy’s: With an upstairs lounge and sports including golf, rugby, cricket and anything else you can think of. JJ Murpheys offers an exciting atmosphere and comfortable sofa seating. With an Irish owner, the pub is completely authentic and attracts both locals and expats. One of the few places in Prague that offer cider on tap. They offer great food, scotch single malts and they sell a good collection of cigars.
Trziste 4, Praha 1
4. Drunken Monkey: Popular among Erasmus students and expats alike, the Drunken Monkey offers a unique kind of atmosphere. They focus mainly on American sports but it's possible to request other games. You can watch your favorite sports on a big screen in a cozy room with sofas and love seats. The staff is friendly and are happy to serve loud party crowds.
U Milosrdných 848/4, 110 00 Praha
5. The Dubliner: Stepping into the Dubliner feels like leaving the Czech Republic. It is a small pub with 2 large screens, 11 small ones and two booths. With a staff predominantly from the UK and live music performances, sports is only one of the perks that are offered. Serving amazing food in generous portions well worth down-town prices.
Tyn 1 – Ungelt Prague 1 - Stare Mesto 110 00
6. Lion and Ball: Located in the very heart of the city, Lion and Ball serves foreign beers and the atmosphere is always wild and full of energy. Whether they are playing rugby or football, the bar will attract a large crowd that will shake the pub with every scoring point.
Týnská ulička 606/3, 110 00 Praha
7. Caffreys Bar: Another Irish bar that plays sports from all over the world and a variety of drinks including a boastful selection of whiskey. They play live sports as well as live music and have great specials on shots and cocktails. They offer a full Irish breakfast, burgers and one of the few places in Prague with “bangers and mash” on the menu.
Staroměstské náměstí 608/10 Prague 1
8. Rocky O’Reilly’s: Open since 2001, the sister pub of the Dubliner shows off it's perfectly poured Guinness beer. They play everything from cricket, to the Italian league and even snooker. They offer a variety of meaty meals and Irish specialties. Rocky O'Reilly's attracts old-time expats as well as curious newbies.
Štěpánská 620/32, Prague 1 – Nové Město
More Prague lakes may open for swimming by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV (Foto: czechtourism.com)
Kyje is one of several districts planning to upgrade local lakes and ponds
There is still time to register for Heavy Hitters by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV
The fall edition of the charity softball tournament is Oct. 8 and 9
Service for Věra Čáslavská by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV (Foto: wikipedia.org)
Gymnast is remembered for her silent protest at the 1968 Olympics
Bohemians 1905 may lose Ďolíček stadium by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV (Foto: FB Bohemians Praha 1905)
The City and Prague 10 disagree over the purchase of the stadium
Martin Šonka makes final four in Lausitz, Germany by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV
Red Bull Air Race had its final event in Europe for 2016
Sparta Prague hockey club has new owner by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV (Foto: HC Sparta Praha)
Hockey team is looking to move forward and hopes for more fan support
Martin Šonka wins gold and silver at European Aerobatic Championships by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV
The Czech pilot took two top awards in Moravská Třebová and is now headed to Lausitzring
Kotlářka Praha to face Draci Brno again in baseball finals by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV (Foto: Martin Salajka www.fotosalajka.com)
Prague team hopes to retain title while Brno seeks its 20th win since 1995
Olympic Games to be shown on the Smíchov waterfront by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV (Foto: Prague.eu)
Czechs will have 105 athletes competing for the gold in the Rio Games
Czech Synot Liga 2016/17 Season Preview by Mark Smith - Prague.TV (Foto: www.sparta.cz)
Football is back in Czech Republic - Synot League 2016 / 2017 kicks off this weekend!
Feel the rhythm and party to the biggest hits of the 80’s!
1.80 CZK / Minute to / in Czech Republic, Austria, Germany,...
Prague Airport Transport: Private, Shuttle & Limo-service!
Prague City Tours in 23 languages!
Outdoor Adventure Minigolf
Indoor Playground in Prague 5, Zlicin
Kotlářka Praha - American Baseball
FK Dukla Praha