8 Places to Watch Live Sports in Prague
Premier League, German Bundesliga, NHL, NFL ... Prague sports hotspots to watch your team in action
Watching sports is always better with an energetic crowd and a large screen. There are eight (and sure some more...) great places in Prague that play live sports from countries near and far. Whether it's rugby, snooker or football that float your boat, you will find the sport you love and so much more at:
1. Expats BBQ Bar - CLOSED AT THE MOMENT: A popular bar with tempting specials like Happy Hour 10CZK chicken wings and 200 CZK for two hours of all you can drink beer. With 13 screens showing all possible sports: American football, hockey, rugby and more. If the sports event that you are interested isn't on the program, it's possible to email them and request a specific game.
2. Jama Restaurant: Known as the “jumping American college-style bar” serves delicious burgers and offers a range of beers from local microbreweries. Popular among tourists as much as expats, Jama offers a fancy pub environment. It has a smaller screen but is one of the few places that plays American football, hockey and baseball.
V Jámě 1671/7, 110 00 Praha 1-Nové Město
3. J.J. Murphy’s: With an upstairs lounge and sports including golf, rugby, cricket and anything else you can think of. JJ Murpheys offers an exciting atmosphere and comfortable sofa seating. With an Irish owner, the pub is completely authentic and attracts both locals and expats. One of the few places in Prague that offer cider on tap. They offer great food, scotch single malts and they sell a good collection of cigars.
Trziste 4, Praha 1
4. Drunken Monkey: Popular among Erasmus students and expats alike, the Drunken Monkey offers a unique kind of atmosphere. They focus mainly on American sports but it's possible to request other games. You can watch your favorite sports on a big screen in a cozy room with sofas and love seats. The staff is friendly and are happy to serve loud party crowds.
U Milosrdných 848/4, 110 00 Praha
5. The Dubliner: Stepping into the Dubliner feels like leaving the Czech Republic. It is a small pub with 2 large screens, 11 small ones and two booths. With a staff predominantly from the UK and live music performances, sports is only one of the perks that are offered. Serving amazing food in generous portions well worth down-town prices.
Tyn 1 – Ungelt Prague 1 - Stare Mesto 110 00
6. Lion and Ball: Located in the very heart of the city, Lion and Ball serves foreign beers and the atmosphere is always wild and full of energy. Whether they are playing rugby or football, the bar will attract a large crowd that will shake the pub with every scoring point.
Týnská ulička 606/3, 110 00 Praha
7. Caffreys Bar: Another Irish bar that plays sports from all over the world and a variety of drinks including a boastful selection of whiskey. They play live sports as well as live music and have great specials on shots and cocktails. They offer a full Irish breakfast, burgers and one of the few places in Prague with “bangers and mash” on the menu.
Staroměstské náměstí 608/10 Prague 1
8. Rocky O’Reilly’s: Open since 2001, the sister pub of the Dubliner shows off it's perfectly poured Guinness beer. They play everything from cricket, to the Italian league and even snooker. They offer a variety of meaty meals and Irish specialties. Rocky O'Reilly's attracts old-time expats as well as curious newbies.
Štěpánská 620/32, Prague 1 – Nové Město
Softball is returning to Prague in the aid of charity by Ross Kennerley - Prague.TV
The time has almost arrived when softball returns to Prague for people to have fun and help an NGO raise money for local education
Czech Extraliga playoffs crank up the heat on the ice by Ross Kennerley - Prague.TV (Foto: HC Sparta Praha FB)
An exciting period of Czech sport is approaching as the ice hockey Extraliga playoffs return
Jakub Sladek – European baseball star by Ross Kennerley - Prague.TV (Foto: baseball.cz)
Prague.TV interview with Kotlářka Praha star player Jakub Sladek
When the pride of Prague football is at stake by Ross Kennerley - Prague.TV (Foto: Slavia Prague)
As the Czech capital unites in attendance of derby matches, it divides in allegiance
Roger Federer heading to Prague to promote Laver Cup by Ross Kennerley - Prague.TV (Foto: Laver Cup FB)
Recent Australian Open winner and Swiss tennis legend Roger Federer will be appearing in Prague on Monday (20.2)
Sokol turns 155 by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV
Slavic group is known for synchronized gymnastics
Plzen and Prague battle it out for Czech football superiority by Ross Kennerley - Prague.TV (Foto: AC Sparta Prague FB)
Plzen continue to push as Prague hosts big derby – Czech Football League preview
Sonka soars to victory in opening Red Bull Air Race in Abu Dhabi by Ross Kennerley - Prague.TV (Foto: Joerg Mitter / Red Bull Content Pool)
The 10th season of the official World Championship started with its anniversary 75th race
New ice stadium to be built near Skalka by Raymond Johnston - Prague.TV (Foto: Padok Investments)
Modern training center should open at the start of 2018
EL Preview: FC Rostov vs. Sparta Prague by Ross Kennerley - Prague.TV (Foto: AC Sparta Prague FB)
Sparta Prague returns to competitive football looking to reach Europa League last-16
Become a Good Angel!
Catsit.cz® provides cat sitting services in Prague. Other...
No Contracts, No Hassles, just quality satellite television
Personal Assistant who SAVES YOUR TIME and NERVES. Just ask...
HUGO Bike Prague & Segwaytrip
Outdoor Adventure Minigolf
Indoor Playground in Prague 5, Zlicin
Kotlářka Praha - American Baseball