Shopping in Fashion 2013/2014What is mechanical engineering?Photography lighting techniquesTop Ways to Save on Car InsuranceHome RemodelingThe 5-String Bass Guitar
Sign in | Register  
Prague TV DirectoryDiscussion Forums

Sexist MPs Called on the Carpet

peter
Posted by: peter - [user profile]
Date posted: 2003-11-30 23:56
Tools: Email to a friend Send to a friend
  Report abuse or inappropriate posts Report abuse
Thanks very very much to Doug Arellanes for translating this article from Lidovky.cz about the some Czech MPs who made some interesting remarks about the Madam Minister:

----

Prime Minister Vladim?­r ? pidla reacted sharply to the comments, saying: "These are absolutely unacceptable, obnoxious, sexist comments. These people aren't men, but children," ? pidla said.

? pidla added that insults aimed at him don't surprise him any more. "But in the case of my colleague Buzkov??, I state clearly: it's obnoxious and these boys should apologize. Parliamentary immunity does not cover such insults and obscenity. I'm thinking about asking for a public apology," he continued.

Only one of the commentors, ODS MP Petr Bratsk??, who referred to Buzkova's breasts as "cinderblocks," personally apologized, giving Buzkov?? a written apology and a bouquet of flowers. "Somebody approached me in the hallway and asked if I'd jokingly comment on the matter," Bratsk?? said. "Unfortunately, what came out of me was this. I admit it was out of place and stupid," Bratsk?? regretted.

MP Kraus, however, refused to apologize, saying that he had the right to comment on his colleague's body. "If somebody asks me about breasts, I'm not just a politician, but a man as well, and I have a right to my opinion. I don't take it as an attack against Madam Minister. If a distinct [female] politician decides to make a distinctive change in her sexual equipment, she must expect that this will be the subject of various speculation," Kraus said, standing by his remarks.

Buskova's response was as follows: "My fellow MPs simply sensed a 'political' theme, but they ended up harming themselves. When they're capable of saying this to the press, an apology from the majority of them wouldn't be sincere."

Only Kate?™ina Dost??lov?? of ODS defended her party colleagues. "This certain intolerance is in proportion with the unpopularity of my colleague Buzkov??. My colleagues took this as a comment to a tabloid. I don't think they would have commented this way elsewhere. But I wouldn't like it if I were in the minister's place," Dost??lov?? admitted.

The rift over Petra Buzkov??'s operation enraged experts working on gender equality issues. "The ones who made these comments should be ashamed of themselves, but of course they're fine with it. As our elite, they give signals about what the norms of behavior are," said Michaela Marksov??-Tominov??, director of the Center for Gender Studies.
Related URL: http://www.arellanes.com/archives/cat_czec...
COMMENTS:
peter peter - [profile] Mon Dec 1st 00:00 2003 / #1
Cinderblocks! Sexual equipment! I'm going to use that.
andrewgray - [profile] Sat Oct 6th 19:23 2012 / #2
Gun King use todays advantaged electronic transmission of medicarl bio-technology. Biological power filter into bio-energy. It can directly act on the testicle and the sexal never center, meridian vascular and sexual organs cavernosum, etc.Rapid excitation of the potential of male sexual. Gayvideos
Anonymous posts are no longer allowed on Prague TV.
Please login or register to post to Prague TV.

Read about the change...

Registering is easy. Simply choose a username and password, hit submit, and you are ready to go.

Register now for full access...
Fly for as low as 7 Euros Fly to/from Madrid, Paris, Barcelona, Milan, and Amsterdam for as low as 7 euros. Book online with Smart Wings.

RECENT GOLD LISTINGS

Prague Business Lea...Prague Business Lea...
Prague Business Leaders Networki...

Expats BBQ BarExpats BBQ Bar

Česká informační ag...Česká informační ag...
Czech Information Agency (CIA)

The Best Accommodation in Prague

V6 Technology; Projects; Management

DID YOU KNOW...

Looking for a job? Check out PTV's job listings.

See a bug? Want
to request a feature?

Send feedbackFeedback Form

Prague TV Home | Contact | About | FAQ | Site Map | Search | Advertise | Privacy | Terms of Service | Google+

Prague TV is a Real Time Production. ©2014 All rights reserved.

Prague Directory